Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Twos-Day Travel Update

I'm currently traveling with my mom, visiting family in Kentucky and Tennessee (with forays into Mississippi and Arkansas). Here are pairs of observations...

Two things I wish I'd brought: 1) the maple syrup I put into a smaller jar to bring along for the oatmeal that I brought for Thea and 2) --and more importantly--my pillow. It was on my list and just didn't make it.

Two things I wish I could have brought: 1) Lauren. She could even take up both spots on this list, because wow do I appreciate not being a single parent when I'm not! 2) since I've got space for it, let's say a whole fridge full of healthy food and the means to prepare it. My breakfast this morning was so far from ideal.

Two colossal blunders: 1) letting Thea have a McDonald's chocolate shake in its original container--even though I lowered the level a bit to try to prevent her from spilling it, I failed. She spilled all over herself. 2) letting Thea play with a bottle of ketchup at a restaurant--she dropped it onto the floor where it shattered and scattered glass and tomatoey goodness all over.

Two books I've been listening to: 1) Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer, 2) The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to our Brains by Nicholas Carr. They make a very good pair.

And there's the briefest snapshot of our trip.

1 comment:

  1. Traveling with your mom? And how is that working out? Or shouldn't I ask...?

    ReplyDelete