Saturday, December 1, 2012

Holidailies 2012

I started blogging 8 1/2 years ago. There were times when I blogged more or less every day, all year. My wife and I had our first child almost three years ago. Now there are times when I go month after month without blogging at all. Yet I always seem to pull it together for Holidailies, so here we go again!

The only theme to my blog is "what interests me," and I have a variety of interests. Parenting, cooking, food, diet, fitness, education, philosophy, religion, homesteading, music, books, movies and TV, politics (though after the recent election, I'm willing to take a break from thinking about that topic). If it's not on this list, it's still open for discussion.

Since  a lot of what my blog is flows from who I am, I'll try to give a brief sketch. I'm 35, married for 4 1/2 years, and we have two daughters, aged almost-8-months and almost-3-years.

I've spent my career in secondary education, exclusively in the private school world, in two boarding schools and one day school. I've taught English and music, and I currently work in residential life. My wife teaches physics, though she's also taught chemistry and anatomy & physiology. I like to think of myself as a composer and a writer, though it's hard to find time for either pursuit (the old, tried and true excuses, I've found, are the best ones).

There are two things I love about blogging, but the both boil down to the way it gets me thinking. First, to write about whatever I'm writing about, and second through interacting with readers who take the time to comment. I love the communal aspect of blogging, and find Holidailies a nice change to meet new people, learn new things, and grow a bit. I hope, if you're reading this, that you'll come back often and join the conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I've been really lax about blogging this last year, although since I write for a living, I think I get a "bye."

    I always enjoy your posts, during Holidailies, or at any time of year. I'm looking forward to reconnecting.

    ReplyDelete