Saturday, October 30, 2021

About your warranty…

 I’m 44, and apparently my body’s warranty just expired. It was a good run, but apparently it’s all downhill from here. 

I thought I was in pretty good shape. No major injuries, not a ton of wear and tear from high school athletics or anything. But all of a sudden, my knees are calling it quits. A year ago I was squatting or deadlifting or running pain free. Now if I twist my right right knee even a little getting in or out of the car, it’s agony. 

And I guess my left knee was feeling left out because after a few weeks of the right knee’s nonsense, this one has a twinge if I take a wrong step—not that there’s any way of knowing in advance what will be a wrong step. 

I kind of wish there had been some dramatic event so at least I could say “yeah, in retrospect, I probably shouldn’t have tried to sumo wrestle that cow.” Somehow “I probably shouldn’t have gotten out of bed that one time” is a lot less satisfactory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment