Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday Think 'n' Share 3.4

Well, this is coming a little late, but better late than never. As I mentioned the first time around, this is a sort of "getting to know you" game that I hope my readers  will join me in playing each week. The short of it is that I pull three random question from one of various decks of The Ungame and answer them. Readers are encouraged to post their own answers either in the comment box or on their own blog (or Facebook page). If you're not doing it in the comment box, do let me know where I can find them, because I'd like to get to know my readers better at the same time they're getting to know me. You can be as serious or as silly as you feel like being on any given day for any particular question.

What is your favorite magazine or reading material?

I don't really read magazines regularly, but I do occasionally enjoy the Sports Illustrated that my mother gave me a subscription to. I also enjoy The New Yorker, which a student of mine passes on to me--I love the articles, which are diverse and typically so well written, so thorough and deep. My favorite reading material, though, are fantasy novels.

Would you say you are moody? Explain.

No. One ex-girlfriend characterized my emotions as "robotic," and though that's even less accurate now than it was then, it's still true that I don't have big mood swings. I'm sure my wife can tell you all about my moods though....

Complete the sentence: "My favorite time of day is..."

the edges. As long as I've gotten enough sleep, I love to get up early--it's my favorite time to work out. But I've also long been a night owl. Parenting has pushed me closer to "early to bed, early to rise," but parenting also helps me appreciate the night as time when our daughter's asleep and doesn't need anything from us.  

And you?

1 comment:

  1. I read books, of course, but daily I read the New York Times. I'm not a big magazine fan, but my stepmom passes on her National Geographics and Smithsonians, and I enjoy perusing them.

    I am not moody. No one would describe me as robotic, but my moods are not prone to swings.

    I'm a total morning person. Give me a cup of tea, and I'm up for anything as early as 5:00 a.m. By 9:00 p.m., I'm usually out of steam.

    ReplyDelete