Saturday, December 11, 2021

Random questions

 Stolen from Fauxlore:

1. Have you ever been caught outdoors away from shelter during a thunderstorm? 
Sure, several times. It's kind of exciting.
2. Did you ever build furniture forts as a child? 
Definitely. I loved grabbing all of the couch and chair cushions plus some sheets and quilts and building the best fort I could. 
3. Do you use any medicines daily? 
Nope, and I'll keep avoiding it as long as I can.
4. When was the last time you used a disposable camera? 
Technically every camera is disposable. Recently found one in our house that my wife took on a trip 15-ish years ago. 
5. When was the last time you flew on a plane? 
Late October we took a weekend trip to Orlando.
6. How many first cousins do you have? 
Um... 10 on my mom's side and... 8 (?) on my dad's? I've seen all of them on my mom's side at least every few years my whole life, but have only been very close with one branch of cousins on my dad's side.
7. What’s the longest period of time you’ve gone without sleep? 
I've pulled a few all-nighters so probably 30-40 hours? 
8. Did the house you grew up in have a big yard? 
Just about a full acre, but we didn't have close neighbors, and out in the country there was an element of mi woods e su woods, so there was plenty of space to ramble.
9. What has been the most difficult class you’ve ever taken? 
Probably an English class I took as an undergrad that was billed as a graduate-level seminar. Harder than any of the classes I had in (music) grad school.
10. What’s something that’s much more difficult than a lot of people realize? 
Uh, lots of things probably. Nothing's coming right to mind and I'm doing this list so I don't have to think too hard. Coming up with blog topics, I guess?
11. What are some things a house would need to have for you to purchase it? 
Walls, roof, multiple rooms... seriously, the quality of the kitchen is a big thing. Doesn't have to be state-of-the-art or whatever, but it needs enough space and everything. Now with three kids, three bathrooms feels like the bare minimum, plus enough rooms for each to have her own room.
12. Would you ever go out in public wearing pajamas? 
At least out to the sidewalk to walk the dog, sure. 
13. Have you ever had a lemonade stand? 
I tried it once as a kid, but living in the middle of nowhere, where people zipped past at 55 or faster, it didn't go so well. My kids have done lemonade stands several times though and made out pretty well.
14. Do you think you look older or younger than your real age? 
Beats me. Probably a little younger, just based on how beaten-down some of my former classmates look on Facebook. Pretty sure I don't look that old.
15. Where have you lived throughout your life? 
Grew up in north-central Ohio, 4 years of college in central Ohio, 2 years of grad school in northeastern Ohio, then 5 years outside of Pittsburgh, 2 years in Rhode Island, another year in western PA, 9 years in north-central Indiana, and now the past several years in Cleveland. Spent a couple summers living in Connecticut.
16. Do you want any piercings? 
Nope.
17. What’s your mouse pad look like? 
It looks remarkably like the surface of my desk.
18. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader? 
Nope.
19. How do you identify spiritually (do you follow a religion, what do you think about soul/spirit, etc.)? 
Haven't been in a while, but I'm probably still on the rolls of the Unitarians. I'm a Humanist. And I might also call myself a secular Christian or a cultural Christian.
20. Do you prefer your nails long or short? 
Short.
21. What are your favorite smells? 
Baking bread, baking cookies, baking cakes... okay, pretty much anything baking.
22. Do you still use a radio or just use your phone/computer for music? 
Phone almost exclusively.
23. What kind of socks do you prefer to wear? 
Athletic socks.
24. Do you have any family heirlooms? 
I have plenty of junk that used to belong to someone else in the family, yes.
25. Are there any musicians you didn't like at first but grew on you? 
26. Is there anything you used to love but now dislike? 
I've mostly gone the other direction. With food, I was really picky but now I'm pretty adventurous. Oh, but I'm probably more of a food snob. Like, I used to like Taco Bell. Now, not so much. And that's true of most fast food. 
27. Your favorite place to be aside from your home? 
Any library or bookstore.
28. What is your favorite kind of tea?
 
Green
29. Any old home remedies you use when you're sick? 
Mom's treatment for a sore throat was always warm Jell-o. I haven't been able to sell my wife or kids on it, but it's fantastic. 
30. What level of brightness do you usually keep your phone at? 
The lowest possible that still lets me see it. Save battery all the time. And at night, a brighter screen (such as my wife's when she's next to me in bed) drives me nuts.

1 comment:

  1. Warm jello is the best! (As a vegetarian, I don't drink it anymore, but it really was great for a sore throat.)

    ReplyDelete