Friday, June 3, 2011

Food Friday: Healthy Banana-Oat Muffins

The other day, I was in the kitchen when I spot some browning bananas staring at me. Their little brown eyes pleaded with me to end their misery, as they knew they would not last long enough for another smoothie. Thus did I find myself adapting a recipe I found to make Banana Muffins.

3/4 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. bread flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 c. Stevia
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 egg
3/4 c. milk
1/3 c. apple sauce
1 T. oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large, very ripe bananas

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Combine flours, oats, Stevia, baking powder, soda, and salt.

In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly and stir in maple syrup, milk, apple sauce, oil, and vanilla extract. Mash the bananas and combine with the wet mixture.

Combine the flour mixture and the wet mixture until just combined. Divide the batter among 18 (or 17) greased muffin tin cups or in the paper baking cups. Bake 18 to 20 minutes.

Each muffin is 3 Weight Watchers Points+ points (or 3 is 8). Plus they're pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment