Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday Think 'n' Share 3.5

As I mentioned the first time around, this is a sort of "getting to know you" game that I hope my readers  will join me in playing each week. The short of it is that I pull three random question from one of various decks of The Ungame and answer them. Readers are encouraged to post their own answers either in the comment box or on their own blog (or Facebook page). If you're not doing it in the comment box, do let me know where I can find them, because I'd like to get to know my readers better at the same time they're getting to know me. You can be as serious or as silly as you feel like being on any given day for any particular question.

Who in your family has the best sense of humor?

Me, of course. And if my wife tries to tell you otherwise, it's clearly just jealousy about how clever and funny I am. Actually, it might be our 18-month-old daughter, as she is always laughing. Except when she's crying. And sometimes even then.

Say something about dreaming at night.

Fortunately, it is night, because otherwise I would have to wait until tomorrow morning and it wouldn't be a Thursday Think 'n' Share. Actually, I don't tend to remember a lot of my dreams unless I'm not sleeping well, and when that's the case, they tend to be weird ones.

What are 3 things you would like to be doing in three years?

I'd like for us to be well-established out on our land, living there one way or another (and not having just arrived three years from now). I'd like to be raising a happy, healthy, beautiful, brilliant 4-and-a-half-year-old (and maybe another to boot?) along with a happy, healthy, beautiful, and brilliant wife--in other words, maintain the status quo, just move it up three years! And I will have just seen this year's freshman graduate, so I hope to be the Counselor to a happy, healthy, beautiful, and brilliant bunch of guys who will all have been working with me for their whole high school careers.

And you?

1 comment:

  1. 1. I do. I can't see it myself, but everyone I know says it's true. I can't tell a joke to save my life, but in a conversation I'm always ready with a play on words, a pun, a quip, an anecdote -- and people laugh. I eschew any humor that denigrates another person or group of people which may also be a factor. AND I listen to, and laugh at, other people's contriibutions. I think that helps them to see me as having a good sense of humor.

    2. Dreaming--California Dreamin'--I have two or three topics which I use as "start up" for dreams to put me to sleep. I fall asleep almost immediately, but it seems I must keep dreaming during the night, because the next time I use the same scenario, it's further along in the plot. Also I add in my own fears and anxieties, and the pre-sleep dreaming helps me face them and reduce them to size. I've done this for as long as I can remember--I think it comes from having been read to sleep as a very young child.

    3. Three years from now? I don't know. I know that I hope/expect to be retired by December. Three years from now I expect to be involved in volunteer projects, traveling occasionally (would love to visit my online friends scattered across the country), free from caregiver duty. We'll see....

    ReplyDelete