Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday Think 'n' Share 3.3

As I mentioned the first time around, this is a sort of "getting to know you" game that I hope my readers  will join me in playing each week. The short of it is that I pull three random question from one of various decks of The Ungame and answer them. Readers are encouraged to post their own answers either in the comment box or on their own blog (or Facebook page). If you're not doing it in the comment box, do let me know where I can find them, because I'd like to get to know my readers better at the same time they're getting to know me. You can be as serious or as silly as you feel like being on any given day for any particular question.

Give your definition of the "perfect party." 

I feel old writing this, but I think my perfect party is a small, intimate gathering with friends, probably over a meal, in which we have discussion that slides between fun or humorous exchanges and serious conversation easily and naturally. It's the kind of party that you look up and suddenly, without anyone noticing, the hour has grown late--later than anyone intended--yet no one can quite bring themselves to end the evening.

Talk about your temper and what you do when you lose it.

I'm pretty even-keeled, for the most part. When I do lose my temper, I tend to make cutting remarks or be short with people more than I tend to yell, though if I've lost my temper, I will probably escalate any yelling that is begun. When I've lost my temper, though, I tend to find it relatively quickly--in fairly short order I feel badly for losing my temper, start to see both sides of the issue, and try to move on.

How do you act when you want to avoid doing something?


I guess it depends on the something, but in most cases I find other things to do. Sometimes those are other things that also need to be done, although they may not be as important as what I'm avoiding. Sometimes they are completely unimportant things, total time-wasters, like games or surfing the internet, checking to see if anything new or interesting is on Facebook, that kind of thing.
 
So... what about you? Tell me about parties, tempers, and avoidance.

1 comment:

  1. As for parties, friends,family and music. Most of my friends play music. We start with songs of our youth, and work our way through the years to just straight up jamming.
    I have found as the years go by, Loosing my temper is wasted energy, And I have wasted ALOT of energy. While my tantrums are now few and far between, they are more personally upsetting. I feel as if ive let Suzanne and Emily down.

    I choose to avoid avoidance.

    ReplyDelete