Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday Think 'n' Share 3.6

As I mentioned the first time around, this is a sort of "getting to know you" game that I hope my readers  will join me in playing each week. The short of it is that I pull three random question from one of various decks of The Ungame and answer them. Readers are encouraged to post their own answers either in the comment box or on their own blog (or Facebook page). If you're not doing it in the comment box, do let me know where I can find them, because I'd like to get to know my readers better at the same time they're getting to know me. You can be as serious or as silly as you feel like being on any given day for any particular question.

What do you dislike most about yourself?

One of my strengths is that I can see many different sides to a person or a problem, an idea or an institution. The flip side of that is "analysis paralysis." I can't make a decision, I can't move forward, because I'm too busy defining the situation or because I don't want to make the wrong decision. Similarly, I have a lot of interests--as the header says, I've been described as a Renaissance man--but I don't make the commitment or don't have the drive to focus exclusively on an interest to be truly exceptional at it. So it's that indecision.

Or maybe it's something else... ;)

Say something about ghosts.

I shared an apartment for some months with a girl who was absolutely convinced that the house she'd grown up in was haunted, that on multiple occasions she'd seen ghosts. She seemed sincere, and there's a certain power to hearing someone talk about first-hand experience, but I nevertheless remained--and remain--skeptical. It's not impossible, but the evidence doesn't seem great to me.

Finish this sentence: "The best thing about today is..."

that I didn't have much of anything I had to do. That was good for me, considering that we went to the drive-in last night, seeing Transformers 3, which stretched past midnight, followed by Super 8, getting us home on the far side of a quarter after three. Lauren took our daughter to her nanny's house for the day, so I was able to nap a bit while still getting a bookcase painted (two coats!), doing a few things around the house, and getting a wee bit of composing done.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I can't remember anything! Even writing it down doesn't always help. Too much stuff in my head and too much falls out the back, so to speak. Worse retention ever. Ugh. And there might be some attentional issues. Ooooo shiny!

    2. I don't think that me not being able to see it means it's not there. I know the boys thought they saw something in our house when they were way too little to lie and it scared them silly. I'm okay with knowing that I don't know.

    3. Tough question, but I have to say The Youngest's doing such a great job on the Rising Tide HTML email and the response it's gotten, but finding out we won the bid and that I'm off for the next 4 days came a close second. ;)

    Nice to see Thursday T&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. What I dislike most about myself is my being impatient. I'm mentally quick and I cannot abide having to wait for people to catch up to me. Well, I've gotten better at it over the years, but it's still a conscious effort.

    2. I've never seen a ghost and I never hope to see one. But I can tell you anyway, I'd rather see than be one!

    3. The best thing about today is that it has been relatively quiet, allowing for a certain level of serentity before the storm. Rare and greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete